[sac-user] Building sac2c Stdlib fails, no <hwloc.h>

Hans-Nikolai Viessmann hv15 at hw.ac.uk
Thu Sep 7 17:35:25 CEST 2017

Hi Richard,

What I meant by OpenMPI group is that HWLOC is developed and released
by them, separately from their MPI stuff.

Apparently though you do seem to have HWLOC installed, but under a different
directory. We can handle this, but I think if the PKG I sent is working
for you, the
issue should be moot.

How is the new PKG I sent working for you?

Regards,
Hans

On 09/07/2017 01:06 AM, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

> On 6/09/17 10:36 PM, Hans-Nikolai Viessmann wrote:
>> Hi Richard,
>>
>> Thanks for the report... I'm not near my desk at the moment so I can't
>> look at this right now.
>> Hopefully this evening I'll get a chance.
>>
>> As far as I can tell the HWLOC include file (yes the one provided by the
>> OpenMPI group), is
>> being pulled in, even though it wasn't activated when you compiled
>> sac2c.
>
> As far as I can tell, OpenMPI isn't installed anywhere.
> I _have_ openmpi-1.6.5.tar.bz2, but I never got around to
> installing it.
>
>> Installing HWLOC
>> (compiling from source and placing it in ~/.local for instance) could
>> work, but its a lot of
>> hassle for you.
>
> Compared with?
>
> I did that yesterday.
> m% which lstopo-no-graphics
> /home/cshome/o/ok/local/bin/lstopo-no-graphics
> m% lstopo-no-graphics
> Machine (16GB total) + NUMANode L#0 (P#0 16GB) + L3 L#0 (6144KB)
>   Core L#0
>     L2 L#0 (256KB) + L1d L#0 (32KB) + L1i L#0 (32KB) + PU L#0 (P#0)libw
>     L2 L#1 (256KB) + L1d L#1 (32KB) + L1i L#1 (32KB) + PU L#1 (P#1)
>   Core L#1
>     L2 L#2 (256KB) + L1d L#2 (32KB) + L1i L#2 (32KB) + PU L#2 (P#2)
>     L2 L#3 (256KB) + L1d L#3 (32KB) + L1i L#3 (32KB) + PU L#3 (P#3)
>
> How do I tell SaC to look for hwloc.h in ~/local/include
> and the code in ~/local/lib?

Founded in 1821, Heriot-Watt is a leader in ideas and solutions. With campuses and students across the entire globe we span the world, delivering innovation and educational excellence in business, engineering, design and the physical, social and life sciences.

This email is generated from the Heriot-Watt University Group, which includes:

  1.  Heriot-Watt University, a Scottish charity registered under number SC000278
  2.  Edinburgh Business School a Charity Registered in Scotland, SC026900. Edinburgh Business School is a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland with registered number SC173556 and registered office at Heriot-Watt University Finance Office, Riccarton, Currie, Midlothian, EH14 4AS
  3.  Heriot- Watt Services Limited (Oriam), Scotland's national performance centre for sport. Heriot-Watt Services Limited is a private limited company registered is Scotland with registered number SC271030 and registered office at Research & Enterprise Services Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS.

The contents (including any attachments) are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited, and you should please notify the sender immediately and then delete it (including any attachments) from your system.