[sac-user] Trying to install sac

Scholz, Sven-Bodo S.Scholz at hw.ac.uk
Tue Jan 24 22:36:20 CET 2017

Hi Ferdy,

did you try the new package? It seems to work fine. You will get quite a few warnings from the C compiler
but that is due to us turning on really aggressive warning levels and we work on getting rid of those.

Please do let us know whether it works fine now. After installation, you will find a binary sac2c in /usr/local/bin
which should work. You will have 2 compiler versions sac2c_p (our product version which sac2c is linked to)
and sac2c_d which is our debug version. The latter allows for much more debugging of the compiler itself and is mainly
useful if you want to inspect our AST after individual compilation phases….

Let us know how it goes :-)

Bodo