[sac-user] Trying to install sac

Scholz, Sven-Bodo S.Scholz at hw.ac.uk
Mon Jan 23 18:01:16 CET 2017

On 19 Jan 2017, at 18:13, Ferdinand Hof <ferdyyy at web.de<mailto:ferdyyy at web.de>> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Just now I tried to install SaC on my Mac via the installer.app, Sven-Bodo Scholz had sent me (macOS Sierra 10.12.2).
Unfortunately the installer quit right after it launched.

That is weird. I uploaded the dmg to the web site right now.
On my system it gives me the typical install window where you have to move the binary into the applications folder….

At least that you should get. being able to successfully run the app might be a bit more complicated. You should run the install script that comes
with it.
However, Hans is working on a slightly better integrated version. He will post later today his findings.
Some more input in what happens if you start sac2c would be great :-)

Cheers,
    Bodo

Then I tried to navigate to the package contents of the installer to manually execute install.sh.
After fixing permissions I managed to run the installation process.
 sudo bash install.sh -i /usr/local
Unfortunately I still can’t use sac2c as a command in the terminal.

I reckon /usr/local is the correct place to install SaC to but I am not sure.
Since I am developing myself (using Xcode) gcc is already installed.
Am I missing a important step?

I hope you can help me.
Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Ferdinand Hof

P.S.: Am I right, assuming that not only german speaking people are on this list?

Founded in 1821, Heriot-Watt is a leader in ideas and solutions. With campuses and students across the entire globe we span the world, delivering innovation and educational excellence in business, engineering, design and the physical, social and life sciences.

The contents of this e-mail (including any attachments) are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited, and you should please notify the sender immediately and then delete it (including any attachments) from your system.