[sac-user] SAC source code

Clemens Grelck clemens.grelck at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 24 09:11:29 CEST 2011

Your understanding is correct indeed. For a number of reasons, that
I do not want to elaborate here, the SAC compiler is currently not
open source. This may change in the future (or not). For now you can
download a binary distribution here:
   http://www.sac-home.org/index.php?p=.%2F55_Download

If you are seriously interested in how the compilation works, the
compiler is very verbose in its doing, for instance you can stop
the compilation after any of the several hundred passes and look
at the intermediate code. This might be more interesting in practice
than looking at the sources.

If you are seriously interested in contributing to the SAC project,
we are under certain conditions happy to welcome you in the team and
provide you with access to the sources.

Cheers,
  Clemens

--
Dr Clemens Grelck                                     Science Park 904
University Lecturer                                   1098XH Amsterdam

Office C3.105                               www.science.uva.nl/~grelck