[sac-user] with-loop parallelization

Juhasz David juhda at inf.elte.hu
Mon Jan 10 11:37:26 CET 2011

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the links, they are useful papers, especially the newest one.

In that paper you wrote, you have implemented different selectors and
schedulers. As I can see, the compiler use static scheduling by default.
How can i choose which scheduler or selector will be used?

Another question is about nested with-loops. If a with-loop is
parallelized, there is no way to parallelize an inner with-loop, because
there is no idle worker thread. So the multi-threaded code is parallelized
by the outermost with-loop. One of my ideas is a tree-based
parallelization for nested with-loops, but i don't sure there is a reason
for existence of a complex technique like this. However take to the
current (one with-loop) parallelization, theoretically, in special cases
maybe better if parallelize by an inner with-loop instead of the
outermost. It is not possible to give any hint to the compiler, which
with-loop to parallelize?

Best regards,
David