[sac-user] sac2c -genlib c

Stephan Herhut sah at sac-home.org
Fri Apr 29 18:28:24 BST 2011

Dear Heinz,

it seems the documentation is outdated. The genlib feature has been
replaced by a new, external tool called sac4c. The workflow is the
following:

1. Create a SAC module (.sac file)
2. Compile that module (.a and two .so files)
3. Call sac4c on the SAC module (generates another .so file and a header file)
4. Compile your c program
5. Link everything
6. Run

sac4c -h should provide some help on using sac4c. I will try dig up an
example when I am back home later today.

Regarding the mystery behind different library sizes: When compiling a
library with the -mt option, the compiler generates 3 versions of each
function: One for sequential execution, one that switches to parallel
mode where possible and one that runs sequentially when already inside
of a parallel section. These three versions ensure composability
across module boundaries in the mt case.

I hope this helps,
  Stephan

--
Dr Stephan Herhut
Centre for Computer Science and Informatics Research