[sac-user] print function alternatives?

Herhut, Stephan s.a.herhut at herts.ac.uk
Mon Aug 2 19:15:32 CEST 2010

Dear Michael,

we have a module called ArrayFormat that was contributed by Robert Bernecky. It uses a formatting scheme das guarantees not to loose precision or, if precision is lost, to at least make this visible in the output. I do not know the current state of that module, though. Maybe Bob can be of help here.

With respect to your request: This feature could certainly be made available. I checked the implementation in the standard library and the current implementation uses "%4f " for floats. However, I would prefer a more generic solution as implemented by ArrayFormat. I will bring this up during our next developer's meeting.

Stephan