[sac-user] print function alternatives?

Bullington, Michael michael.bullington at ttu.edu
Mon Aug 2 18:20:55 CEST 2010

To whom it shall concern:

I was tracing some logic errors on a program that would perform Singular Value Decomposition (SVD) and was using the print function to print values in tracking the logic errors.  However, I had to resort to more "standard" printf functions using %30.15f format strings (up to 15 decimal places) to discover I had computation round-off errors.  The round-off errors became extremely deceptive when the print function was used in tracking the errors because the rounding gave output the appearance of correctness.  The print function in SAC seems to just use the "standard" %f format string which has a default of 6 decimal places.

Is there an alternative (overloaded) form of the print function in SAC where I can control some of the output formatting and not have to resort to printf?